Monday, April 11, 2011

The Lord is my Shepard.

What an absolutely gorgeous day the Lord provided today! Not only was the weather nearly perfect, the Lord saw fit to bless everything we undertook. We realized early (6AM) that we weren't going to make it to the gym today so that was no real disappointment. There were just too many other things going down.

First, I fired up the tractor mower and used the bagger attachment to suck up the leaves and whatnot left from last Fall. Our two grandsons showed up about the time I finished so I took them both for a ride up the gravel road and back...twice!

Second, the lady showed up to buy our hot tub for $700 and she didn't quibble about the price one bit. She looked it over, made sure it ran good, and wrote out the check. The Lord's blessing on that deal was that they did the advertising in the paper. All we had to do was send them a picture of our tub and it was sold!

Finally, we took one grandson and drove to Rapid City and did some shopping with the proceeds from the sale. I got two, much needed, pairs of walking gym shoes (yesterday my foot was bleeding from walking for an hour at the gym), we got a booster seat for our grandson for in the car, and we also bought him some much needed pairs of short pants (as Bobby Hill calls them).

The Lord provided everything we needed to provide for ourselves and our extended family. We are truly blessed to have Jesus on our side watching over our affairs and our wellbeing. He even had a police car, with sirens blaring, go by us so we had to pull over and wait. A little while later, a deer ran across the road right in front of us! Had we been a few seconds sooner, we would have hit it for sure.

The more I understand our Lord and how He works, the more I find myself becoming aware of His helping hands in everything we do. I find myself thanking Him time and time again every single day. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment